business office space
now browsing by tag
Selecting Plants for Your Office or Desk
Plants in an office or on a desk can brighten up a room, make the air fresher and provide a needed dose of nature in an otherwise
sterile environment. But so often, those big plans for a healthy and verdant fern shrivel and die along with the fronds leaving you with an eyesore that makes you feel guilty for your lack of a green thumb.
Part of what leads to plant neglect comes from the plants you choose to bring into the office in the first place. Plants that will thrive indoors, in the middle of cubicle mazes, have specific qualities.
Before choosing a plant, first evaluate the conditions of your office.
- Lighting: If your office has a window or is near one, your plant options increase and you can choose a plant that does well in full or partial sun. If not, choose a shade tolerant plant. It will get enough light from the overhead lights.
- Temperature:Some plants don’t do well indoors because it’s too warm or they can’t withstand the temperature fluctuations between day and nights or weekends. Look for hardy plants if the temperature varies a lot in your office.
- Humidity: This can affect the soil, either keeping it too moist and promoting mold or drying out the soil too quickly, leading to overwatering.
When it comes time to make the choice for your office, a few plants will do better than others.
- Jade (crassulaovata): The bright, waxy leaves and interesting shapes add a eometric quality to your office. Technically asucculent, jades are vibrant green, thrive in shade and have a hardy constitution. Keep them well watered.
- Philodendron: These traditional indoor plants do quite well in a variety of office environments. As an added bonus, they will climb up walls — or drape down if in a basket. Plus, they can take a little neglect and still remain healthy.
- Peace lily (spathiphyllum): If you’re looking for a showstopper (and a plant known for cleaning the air), hoose a peace lily. These plants have large, broad, deep green leaves and will grow stunning flowers as well. They also tolerate low light. However, if you have a coworker with pollen allergies, you should clip the flower before it blooms.
You can pick up these common houseplants at most home improvement stores and garden centers to transform your office today.
About Jim Jacques
Jim Jacques is the President of United Virtual Office, which provides business owners with virtual office services to help them save money and grow their business. Virtual Offices include a prestigious business address in myriad U.S. cities, Virtual Phone Services, courier services and more. Google +
- Web |
- More Posts (21)
The Best Offices In The World
Creativity and competition always go hand in hand in today’s business world. Creativity is regarded as the one of the best ways to set your company distinct from others in terms of innovations and new ideas meanwhile becoming productive and playful at the same time. Talking from creative perspective, a number of companies keep on working in making their office discrete yet innovative with the upcoming ideas. Here is a list of some of the best offices in the world.
Creativity is very much part of the game of business and when it comes to making your office look “out of box” Pixar headquarters at California is mastermind in it. This animation film company believes that it is quite monotonous for working people to keep on working in those typical square rooms. The rooms are made to change in creative shapes, such as oval shape and huts. Places are decorated with lamps and chairs as one have them at home to make the work place both comfortable and trendy.
Next in the list is the London office of Red Bull which has an ambience of glass and shiny appearance. Along with its glassy look, they have unique feature of attractive sliding spaces that can turn the mood of any officer, who do not want to walk through traditional staircases, can go topsy-turvy with a ride over slides. This office has a highly tech savvy lounge area and ping pong meeting areas for interactive sessions.
Google is not an exception to this list of best offices in the world. Google offices worldwide focus on providing the best of comfort to the employees in an interesting way. The headquarters of Google in California have some rare stuff, such as pet corner, pool and number of other games. The uniquely designed offices of Google have also kept cycles, two tier scooters and televisions for making their employees enjoy while working. Highlighting from the architecture point of view, Google HQ has gadgets and gizmos made on the working desk and also are placed white board at different places for employees to express their viewpoints.
The Office of McLaren Technology in Surrey is also worth to be mentioned when it comes to talking about bets offices in the world. The McLaren Technology, a famous F1 racing car manufacturing company has made its office along with an artificial lake to keep the office cool all the time. The uniquely designed office has glass walkways with a wind tunnel in the office for testing F1 cars.
Moving onto the next in the league of best offices in the world is the office of Volkswagen in Germany. The great manufactures of luxurious cars, Volkswagen is famous for its dirt less and noiseless factory. The beautification lies in the fact that its architecture is designed in such a way that no area under the factory can be recognized as a part of producing cars. The designing can spellbound other factory owners or employees who work in the same sphere.
There are many other offices in the world which match well with these offices. Creativity is what best define the world of business, which becomes essential for better production and productive results.
About Jim Jacques
Jim Jacques is the President of United Virtual Office, a leading nationwide provider of virtual offices for entrepreneurs, startups and small businesses. A virtual office includes an address at a prestigious business location in the US, live virtual receptionist, courier services and more. Google +